Book 2, Post 1
Book 2, Post 1
I have always looked up to Gloria Steinem. She has been a voice for so many and a leader in the feminism. I want to read My Life on the Road, because I want to learn more about how she became who she is today. I think it would be so interesting to understand all of the ups and downs on her journey to becoming an activist, author, and feminist. A class my sister was in last year had Gloria Steinem as a guest speaker. Due to COVID, my whole family was able to listen to her speak about her life. It was so inspiring hearing her talk about her journey, and this book will be another window into her life.
This is the newest book written by Steinem and has been chosen as one of Oprah’s Top Ten Favorite Books of the Year. The book illustrates her life as a traveler, listener, and catalyst for change. She explains that her passion and drive after all these years come from her travels and seeing the world around her: “The road is messy in the way that real life is messy. It leads us out of denial and into reality, out of theory and into practice, out of caution and into action, out of statistics and into stories—in short, out of our heads and into our hearts”. From a young age, her family was always on the go. They would travel across the country looking for adventure and trying to make a living.
I am excited to read more from Steinem and see where her journey takes her.
Comments
Post a Comment